Every product on Fashood needs one or more product images. The primary image of your product is called the "MAIN". The MAIN image is displayed for a product in the search results and browse pages and is the first image that the customers see on Product Detail Pages.
Images are very important to customers, so quality matters. Please choose images that are clear, easy to understand, information-rich and attractively presented.
Note: All image standards listed on this page apply as a base-level requirement. You will find a comprehensive list of Fashood's image standards that are specific to your product category in the corresponding category style guides. Please read carefully, as the images that you upload to Fashood must conform with these requirements.
Important: In case of overlaps or conflicts, the guidelines of each category take precedence. We reserve the right to remove the images that do not meet our image standards. You must always ensure that you have the necessary rights for the images that you submit.
General image standards
You will find a comprehensive list of all Fashood's image standards specific to your product category in the corresponding category style guides. Please read them carefully as images that you upload to Fashood must conform with these requirements. Please note that in case of overlaps or conflicts, the guidelines of each category take precedence.
- Images must accurately represent the product and show only the product that is for sale.
- The product and all its features must be clearly visible.
- MAIN images should have a pure white background (pure white blends in with the Fashood search and Product Detail Pages—RGB colour values of 255, 255, 255).
- MAIN images must be professional photographs of the actual product (graphics, illustrations, mockups or placeholders are not allowed). They must not show excluded accessories; props that might confuse the customer; text that is not part of the product; or logos, watermarks or inset images.
- Images must match with the product title.
- Images should be 1,600 pixels or larger on the longest side. This minimum size requirement enables the zoom function on the website. Zoom has been proven to enhance sales.
- Images must not exceed 2000 pixels on the longest side.
- Fashood accepts JPEG (.jpg), TIFF (.tif) or GIF (.gif) file formats, but JPEG is preferred.
- Our servers do not support animated .gifs.
- Images must not contain nudity or be sexually suggestive.
- Shoes MAIN images should be of a single shoe, facing left at a 45 degree angle.
- Women’s and Men’s Clothing MAIN images should be photographed on a model.
- All Kids and Baby Clothing images should be photographed flat (off-model).
- Size of Images should be same in Width & Height. Example: If you are uploading an image which width is 1000px Then It's Height should be 1000px too
Prohibited for MAIN image standards in all the product categories
- Product images should not include any Fashood logos or trademarks, or variations, modifications or anything confusingly similar to Fashood's logos and trademarks. This includes, but is not limited to, any words or logos with the terms Fashood.
- Product images should not include any badges used on Fashood, or variations, modifications or anything confusingly similar to such badges. This includes, but is not limited to, "Fashood's Choice", "Premium Choice", "
- Nudity or sexually suggestive images.
- Product images should not be blurry, pixelated or having jagged edges.
- Product that occupies less than 85% of frame on limiting dimension of longest side.
Additional prohibited specifications for MAIN images in clothing, clothing accessories, shoes and handbags, luggage and jewellery
- Images with a non-pure white background (RGB less than 255)
- Text, logos, borders, colour blocks, watermarks or other graphics over the top of a product or in the background
- Multiple images of the same single product
- Images with part of the product for sale cropped by a frame edge with the exception of jewellery (specifically necklaces)
- Excessive internal or external propping that covers/surrounds product or causes confusion to product for sale
- Models that are sitting, kneeling, leaning or lying down (models must be standing)
- Images with product in packaging or brand or swing tags
- Visible mannequins, except for stockings or socks
- Images of kids and baby leotards, underwear or swimwear that have been photographed on a model
MAIN images should be supplemented with additional images showing different sides of a product, the product in use, or details that are not visible on the MAIN image. Please follow the image standards listed above to maintain the quality and consistency across all your product images.